12.22.2007

worth more than a picture

"live the life you love,

love the life you live."

my friend lara bigotti. she understands what bliss means.

and he told me, "i don't want to be described as mature." and so i don't. but it makes me wonder. just exactly when do i lose my youth? there must be a point in which i no longer enjoy the joy that it has to offer me, but when will i ever know that i have shedded my contact with playgrounds and popsicle sticks? i see people on the streets who seem too tired, too fed up, too sick of having moved on from the age where the only thing that mattered was scraped knees. using the word 'remember' makes me feel ancient, like an old photo. i've seen much, but not enough; i've learned a lot, but not everything. so when i run out of things to think about and dream about, maybe that's when i've lost my sense of youth. but as for right now, i don't want to have to worry. i want to paint my white walls with age, i want to feel my diary weighing heavier each day with words. i don't think it matters much what i should do to conserve this feeling of carefree&non-veiled love, but rather think about how i should spend the rest of it. life? it's just a big term to explain all the things we have left to do and the time that it gives us to do it. so i'll run. create. ask. dream. wish. give. change. optimize. i'll learn to listen rather than hear, see but not look.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

a;sdkf go.

 
Creative Commons License
All original written work on this site, unless otherwise indicated, by Suyeon Son, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
free web directory